Portable exercise tools make it easy to move your workout out into the open air
Ready for a change in your workout routine? Grab a few simple workout tools and head outside for some fresh air and a fresh approach to your exercise regimen. Here are three upper body exercises you can do outside using simple, portable workout tools.
Pilates Ring Arm Press:
- Standing or sitting, hold onto the outside of the ring with your palms facing in.
- Extend your arms straight out in front of you.
- Squeeze the ring as much as you can; hold for 8-10 seconds and release. Repeat 8-15 times.
Resistance Tube Bicep Curls:
- Stand on the middle of the tube with one or both feet depending on the resistance of the tube.
- Hold onto the tube with palms facing up and elbows by your side.
- Lift your arms slowly toward your shoulders by bending (hinging) at the elbow
- Slowly lower to starting position. Repeat 8-15 times.
Weighted Bar Shoulder Press:
- Stand tall with feet shoulder width apart.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Hold the bar in front of you, just above your chest, at shoulder height.
- Lift and press the bar directly overhead with arms extended, stopping just before your arms are completely straight.
- Lower the bar back to the starting position. Repeat 12-15 times.